Fiddes Hard Wax Oil is a blend of natural oils and waxes offering exceptional durability and resistance for internal natural wood flooring, kitchen worktops (wood) and areas subjected to a high degree of wear. Produces a quick drying, natural satin / matt water repellent, tread-fast finish that will not peel or flake. To maintain / renovate, simply wash, buff or re-apply.
- Ensure all surfaces are clean, dry, and free from any previous finish. Sand the substrate with a fine 150 grade sanding paper or 150 grit sanding disk, removing all traces of dust
- Ensure all areas to be coated are extremely well ventilated during and after application. Always test on a small area prior to initial application. No primer required. Maximum 2 coats recommended. Apply at room temperature. Fiddes Hard Wax Oil is formulated for application directly, and does not require thinning.
- Stir contents thoroughly before and during use, and apply in a warm, well ventilated room. Apply THINLY using Fiddes Floor Oil Brush or a good quality bristle or synthetic brush, and lay EVENLY, following the direction of the grain. Leave to dry 4-6 hours in warm, dry well ventilated conditions, or preferably overnight.
- Apply as first coat, THINLY, allowing good ventilation. Leave to dry 4-6 hours in warm, dry well ventilated conditions, or preferably overnight. Clean applicator with White Spirit. When the surface area is completely dry, a light buff will further enhance the sheen level.
- To renovate previous application of Fiddes Hard Wax Oil, lightly sand area with 150 grit sandpaper, and re-apply sparingly.
- A single application will cover approximately 20-24 square meters per litre,depending on the density of the substrate.